We may be halfway through August but summer’s not over yet nor will our summer salads be going anywhere anytime soon. It’s no secret how much we love food and experiencing food, so creating a recipe for one of our favorite quick yet nutritious and beautiful lunches is a treat in itself. You’ll notice this recipe shares many similarities with a lunch recipe we’ve posted in the past but unlike the previous salad, this one doesn’t require as much cooking. Here’s to the quick, healthy lunches that keep us fueled throughout the day!
Quick and Healthy Lunch
- 1 head romaine Lettuce
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup shaved carrotts
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- splash of Aged White Wine Vinegar
- 2 TBS. Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1-2 servings your choice of seared protein (for this recipe, I prefer using seared salmon)
- 1-2 servings of Walnuts, pine nuts, or pecans
- 1 TBS. garlic aioli
- 1-2 sprigs of rosemary for garnish
- Crumbled Blue Cheese or Crumbled plant-based cheese *optional
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced for garnish *optional
- Toss together greens, carrots, white wine vinegar, and balsamic vinaigrette in a big bowl. Let the salad mixture sit and set aside for later.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sear salmon or protein of choice on both sides until fully cooked. Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer greens from bowl to serving plates and top with tomatoes, nuts, protein, and cheese.
- Carefully top salmon with garlic aioli and garnish with a sprig of rosemary
- *optional* If desired, feel free to add avocados and extra toppings at this step to make your salad more filling.
Serves 1-2 portions. Hope you enjoy adding this easy recipe to your weekday lunch rotation as much as we do!